His list of actions, messages and motivations, all coming from the box around, include many do's and don'ts. I like his do's, as guidelines to be considered by all the concerned (just-in-case they are looking for creative visualizations):
- Award only those that maintain the status quo
- Blame people for failures.
- Call young librarians "cute" and ignore what they can really do
- Maintain walls between departments
- Demand unquestioning trust in what you do
- Veteran librarians know best because that is the way it has always been done
PS. I need his help in drawing a list of such guidelines on how to kill a foreign trained librarians' love of librarianship (and de-humanize these in a very polished, friendly and courteous manner, not to lead him, but just mention in passing, find a sure-killer list that comes with sugar coated delusions).