- Catalog information for p-titles is limited to title in most cases
e-ref is very browsable online--TOC, indexes, etc.
- Preferences of contemporary users who expect 24/7 access, searchability, full text delivery.
- P-content is invisible
- Print indexes are too hard to use
- MLS/MLIS students are not required to take reference. Most get out of school with only one (or fewer) ref classes
- Print is....print. E-resources offer interactivity and multimedia. Many resources are dynamic and frequently updated